Car accident not your fault: – Being a car owner, you should always be conscious and focus on the road as the responsibility of life of yourself, your passenger, and the lives of others like pedestrians or cyclists are on you.
Though, you are careful sometimes about car accidents. It is not always your fault that accidents happen. No matter how much you’re focused, because of the fault of the others, accidents happen.
In such a case, what should you do? And prove yourself innocent in front of law? That is what this article is focused on.
It is not always you to blame for the car accident. For example, consider a situation where you did not have time to slow down and hit the car in front. At first glance, the situation is very clear – because the car at the back is always to blame.
However, you know that in reality, the situation was a little different. The driver of the car that was hit was driving in the next lane, then it was sharply cut and at the same moment, for one reason known to it, it braked sharply.
Here we are not talking about non-observance of a safe distance since you basically could not keep it – the car appeared ahead suddenly and then apply the brake. In this case, you need to declare that you do not plead guilty, and be sure to state your point of view: first in words, and then in the minutes.
Another cause of the accident without your fault can be when you are blinded by the headlights of an oncoming car or there was ice on this section of the road.
There are situations when a traffic accident occurred due to the fault of the road services or even the traffic police. The most common example is a bad traffic light. For example, when you are approaching an intersection and stopped at a red traffic light.
But after some time, you realized that the red light is constantly turned on. And the yellow and green light is not turning on. At the same time, vehicles traveling on a crossroads are constantly lit by green light.
What would you do? There is a greater possibility of an accident happening. If the collision between vehicles happens, then it is not your fault.
There are such similar causes where the accident occurs without being your fault. Sometimes, the other driver or party involved in the accident may try to blame you and take advantage.
Or you know that it is not your fault and you can’t convince the traffic police that it’s not your fault. Such a situation has to deal with care and you may have to hire the lawyer.
Reasons for a car accident without being your fault
Car accidents are among the leading causes of serious injuries and deaths. However, these types of accidents can be avoided in most cases. Those drivers who take proper precautions, who follow the rules and who drive civilly, can significantly reduce the chances of suffering an accident that results in injuries. However, these drivers also share roads and/or highways with reckless motorcyclists.
For this reason, some drivers take out their frustrations in other motorcyclists that have nothing to do with their past experiences. While other drivers decide to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
In addition, many drivers fail to perform the most basic maintenance of their vehicles, which makes them a danger; regardless of the speed with which they drive.
All these factors can cause accidents that result in serious injuries or even death in which obviously you don’t have any fault. The other reasons can be:
Driving at night
It is common for people to prefer to drive all night to avoid traffic. However, beyond the gains in time to reach the destination, driving at night is associated with a high rate of traffic accidents.
Due to the sum of the following factors: fatigue decreased visibility by the headlights of other cars and the crossing of animals on the road that cause the driver to lose control and get out of the way.
When the tires are purchased the supplier must explain the average lifetime for each of them. Do not delay your change. It is estimated that in three out of four accidents caused by a vehicle defect, the fault was in the tires.
The importance of having your tires in proper condition is a safety element that will help you have better control of the vehicle if there is a presence of rain. The poor condition of a tire can turn against you and cause you to have a traffic accident.
Sometimes the action of the passenger of your car can also be the reason behind the car accident. If a passenger does something that could interfere with the driver’s ability to safely operate the vehicle.
Such as attacking the driver, taking the steering wheel, or attempting to jump out of the moving car – the passenger could potentially be responsible for the damages and injuries that result from it.
Pedestrians can also be the cause of the car accident. Crossing the road carelessly from any side of the road, not following the rules of traffic. Suddenly running across the road and coming in front of the vehicle are some of the examples by which car accidents happen due to pedestrians.
The fault of other drivers
Sometimes the reckless driving of other drivers can be the cause of a car accident. Those drivers who drive in unfit conditions can make bad decisions. For these types of drivers, the decision to drive can be dangerous for them as well as for anyone on roads and/or highways. Some of these examples may include:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driver under the effect of some drug
- Driving in a sleepy state
- Driving while distracted
With so many mechanical parts in constant motion, many cars can experience mechanical failures at the least opportune times and under extremely dangerous conditions.
Some of these failures may also be due to bad design by the manufacturer. Some examples of mechanical failures that can contribute to these types of accidents may include:
- Brake failures
- The tires burst
- Dim or dysfunctional headlights
- Power switch failures
- Defects in the airbag system
- Vehicle steering system failures and many more
Motorcycles have become the biggest cause of traffic accidents and deaths on the road. The almost exponential growth of motorcycles, together with the few requirements and controls when riding one of them, is making them one of the biggest problems of road safety and the health system.
The truth is that, from what is seen daily on the streets and highways, motorcycles are a serious problem that got out of hand to the State and there seems to be little intention to put it in order.
Seizures, strokes, heart attacks, poor vision can cause very serious accidents. Although medical conditions are often uncontrollable, it is important to think about your risk factors before driving vehicles. If you don’t feel good or forget your glasses, look for someone to drive.
Defective traffic lights
If the traffic light is defective and not working properly, and there is no traffic police to guide the traffic on the road. This can also cause a car accident. This cant is considered your fault. Someone who is not familiar with the area may not see the break and pass through an intersection.
Weather-related road accidents
Weather conditions are also to blame for the sudden accident. Sudden climate change, heavy rainfall, snowfall, fog, narrow roads, strong winds can be the major problem for the driver.
No matter how much care he is, these causes may lead to a severe accident. Even extreme temperature differences can create large potholes worthy of destroying a car.
Animals do not understand the risk of crossing a road. When a large animal, such as a deer, is running at high speeds, it can run right into the side of the vehicle. Hitting a deer head is also very common. The unpredictability of the animals is what makes them so dangerous for drivers.
Often young teenagers also take the car without notifying their parents or any elders just to experience the thrill and independence. Unfortunately, teenagers are often not known for their prudence. When young drivers go on the road, they don’t always know what to do, and inexperience will lead to traffic accidents.
Some call them dead curves, but everyone should be careful when approaching them. Many drivers lost control of their cars along a dangerous curve and were killed in a car accident.
Therefore, when approaching these signs, please pay attention to the displayed speed limit and drive carefully to avoid traffic accidents.
How not to become guilty in an accident without guilt?
Suppose you are involved in a traffic accident. As a result of the analysis of the situation that was conducted at the scene by the traffic police, you were found guilty of it.
At the same time, you think that there is no fault of yours here. Suppose you’re driving your car within the speed limit, but the other driver speeds up overtaking you and suddenly applies the brake. Though you apply the brake suddenly, the car won’t at once. Your car will collide with the car in front. This may seem your fault but in reality, it’s not your fault.
However, the other driver will try to put the blame on you. In this case, you shouldn’t plead guilty. It will be very good if you can find witnesses to the accident who confirm the correctness of your words, then the chances of success are many times higher.
You can go to the counterattack on the second participant in the accident (that is, on the driver whose car you hit) and first verbally and then in writing (in the protocol) to note such moments. What you can do to avoid putting someone the blame on you, some things that you can do are as follows:
- If an accident occurred in the evening, then it can be argued that the parking lights in front of the car in front did not light, and therefore you noticed it too late. Proving the opposite will be quite difficult. After such an accident, the taillights of the car will most likely be broken, and even if not, you can always say that they were turned off at the time of the accident. And the driver turned them on after the accident in order to avoid punishment.
- You can say that you are not sure of the sobriety of the driver whose car was hit, and demand a medical examination for the state of intoxication (of course, agreeing to do such an examination yourself). Even if he didn’t take the alcohol today but yesterday, still his alcohol content will be high in his blood. So the other driver will be proved guilty.
- You can well say that you suspect the second participant in an accident that he intentionally provoked an accident. For example, by extorting money from you by blackmail or just to hide possible evidence that might be in the back of his car. Your doubts will have to be checked.
It is possible that after such a counterattack you will either conclude a peace agreement or in general, your opponent will be blamed for the accident.
What should you do in case of a car accident in which you are innocent?
If you are the car owner and get involved in a car accident and you know that you are completely innocent. Then you shouldn’t worry, shouldn’t panic and act in the situation more calmly.
Often accidents occur for reasons that are completely independent of the skills and abilities of the affected party. Here are a few recommendations for situations where you are not to blame.
Basic action that you should take during the accident:
- Stop the car, do not leave the scene of a collision, turn on alarms;
- If there are victims, call an ambulance;
- Dial the police phone number;
- Notify the insurance company;
- Before the arrival of traffic police, take the scene of a car accident on camera so that the other side does not try to distort the facts in order to shift the blame;
- In case of an accident, you should not do something that violates the situation and traces of an emergency;
- Record the contacts of witnesses, eyewitnesses.
What should you do if the culprit has no insurance?
Not having car insurance is not only illegal in many states, but it is also quite inconvenient because the responsibility of driving then remains in your hands and in the financial resources of the driver himself.
If a driver does not have money to buy insurance, there is a good chance that he will not have the resources to face a claim for an accident. This also means a big problem for people who do have insurance and who see themselves in an accident where the other party of the crash does not have insurance.
Then, they are forced to make a claim to their own insurance and this brings multiple problems to the future. Therefore, check if the other driver has an authentic policy or not.
You can check the authenticity of the policy via websites by the policy number, by car number, and so on. If you find out that there is no insurance policy of the other driver, then this is what you should do:
- The regional traffic police note that it is better to start pre-trial proceedings or go to court in compliance with all formalities. At the scene of the accident, even before calling the traffic police, record the damage and the general picture of the accident on the cell phone camera. And when the inspector arrives, ask him to check the insurance policy of the culprit. If there is no policy or it is past due, make sure that the inspector indicated it in the protocol.
- Write down the contact information of the culprit of the accident: address of registration and residence, phone number, full name. This information can be obtained from the traffic police. If the culprit of the accident offers to issue the policy retroactively. And to recover losses through the insurance – do not agree, most likely this is a hoax. Electronic databases do not allow insurance in this way.
- To assess the damage, you will have to conduct an independent examination in an accredited company. The injured party pays for it, but this amount can later be recovered from the culprit. Make sure that the company can document its right to conduct an independent examination, otherwise its results will not be accepted in court.
- The culprit of the accident must be present at the examination – notify him of the place and time of the examination. It is better to notify by letter in order to attach a copy of the letter to the case. If the culprit for the examination does not come, it will not lose relevance. On your own using the examples on the Internet or with the help of a law firm, make a pre-trial claim. Attach to it copies of a certificate of the accident, an administrative offense order, letters with a call for an inspection, documents for the vehicle; expert assessment of damage and checks confirming your expenses.
- Send the complaint to the culprit by courier or registered letter to receive a note on the delivery of the letter. If, after receiving a pre-trial claim, the culprit of the accident does not agree to indemnify, contact the court. You already have all the documents for filing a claim, you just need to make a statement. Legal expenses will fall on the shoulders of the guilty party, and reasonable moral harm can be added to the amount of compensation.
What should you do if the culprit escaped from the scene?
Fleeing after a crash, also known as leaving the scene, is when a driver leaves an accident without leaving any contact information.
All drivers have the responsibility to remain on the scene, regardless of where the incident occurred. When a driver leaves the scene without leaving any contact information, he can leave the victims angry, confused and unsure of what to do.
- In a case where a driver hit a parked car and cannot locate its owner, the driver is required to leave a note indicating his full name, address, driver’s license number, and license plate number. Otherwise, a misdemeanor of the second degree is committed, which is punishable by a fine of $ 500 and up to 60 days in prison.
- The driver of any vehicle involved in an accident that results in injury or death has a duty to give their information and provide assistance to those who need it. Drivers must give their name, address, and vehicle registration number. If requested, a driver may also have to present their driver’s license.
- When someone escapes after a crash that causes bodily injury, the penalties for this type of crime include revocation of the license for at least 3 years, up to 5 years in jail and a $ 5,000 fine. If the collision results in a fatality, in addition to the revocation of the license for at least 3 years, this felony of the first degree adds a mandatory minimum of four years in prison with up to 30 years of the sentence and a fine of $ 10,000.
- If the culprit of the accident decided to escape from the scene of the accident, be sure to record his departure on the phone so that the number of the car is visible. For leaving the scene of an accident he faces deprivation of rights or an arrest. If the culprit escaped, then you should still call the police. Next, try to find witnesses to the incident. If there are video cameras in the area, report them to the police, whose staff will help you access the video.
- Document the date, time, and location of the incident.
What should you do if the car accident happened due to pedestrian?
Unpleasant situation: you have an accident with a pedestrian. Is it possible to demand compensation from him for a damaged car? In the event that the driver is guilty of an accident, he will have to fully compensate for the damage caused – both physical and moral.
Traffic regulations stipulate that a pedestrian has an advantage in driving relative to a car only when crossing a road at a pedestrian crossing and in residential areas. If a person, for example, decided to run across a busy highway outside the transition, he clearly violated the rules.
And if an accident occurs, the pedestrian will be guilty. But the driver will still have to pay compensation for harm caused to life or health. The thing is that a car is a source of increased danger, and therefore the harm it causes is paid in the first place.
- Compensation for damage to the accident culprit may be denied – if it is proved in court that the pedestrian had intent. But to prove it is quite difficult.
- There are situations when the pedestrian-intruder himself was not injured, but an accident did occur. The driver managed to turn the steering wheel and crashed into other cars or a pole. All this was recorded by the DVR. In this case, it will be possible to prove in court that the pedestrian created a danger for the further movement of the car in the lane. And the driver was forced to make a maneuver that led to the accident. Damage in full should be recovered from the pedestrian.
- The car owner may claim damages. If the court recognizes the gross negligence of the pedestrian and the lack of fault of the driver, the amount of compensation for harm to the victim may be reduced. The amount spent on car repairs will be deducted from the pedestrian compensation. Or, as an option, the court may refuse to compensate the victim.
- But there is one important nuance: a pedestrian can hide, and therefore it will be impossible to establish his identity and hold him accountable. The driver will have to repair the car at his own expense.
- There can be a situation when the pedestrian himself tries to blame you for the accident. To prevent this, you can do:
- Gather as much proof as possible that the traffic rules were violated by a pedestrian. Records of the DVR, testimonies of witnesses, passengers in the car, eyewitnesses – everything will act as evidence.
- To prove that the driver himself complied with the law, in particular, withstood the required speed limit. Here, fixing and applying the brake track, which is usually clearly visible on the pavement, will help a lot.
- Closely supervise what police officers record in their documents, carefully read all protocols and, if not agreed, mark them.
- Contact a lawyer as soon as possible. This applies to those cases when, as a result of a collision, a pedestrian either suffered serious harm or even died. Ideally, it is worth calling a lawyer directly to the scene of an accident.
What should you do if the accident happens due to animals?
The collision of cars with animals, especially with wild ones – the situation is quite common on the roads. Surely, every driver, at least occasionally leaving the city, saw animals running across the road – foxes, hares, deer, or even moose.
Animals, as creatures wild and uncivilized, do not know and do not follow the rules of the road, so at the most unexpected moment, they can jump out onto the road and get under the wheels (or in the windshield).
A collision of a car with domestic, wild and farm animals, if injured or killed, is officially classified as a traffic accident. Moreover, the size of the animal does not matter here, an accident occurs in a collision not only with a wild boar or with a moose (and this can lead to serious damage to the car, injury and even death), but also a collision with a squirrel, cat or chicken.
But if during the collision animals and people were not injured, and the vehicle was not damaged, then this accident is not considered and, accordingly, does not entail any consequences.
So, in the process of moving the car collided with an animal, what to do in this situation? It all depends on the type of animal, the severity of the accident and the availability of insurance.
The simplest case is a light collision with an animal, as a result of which no one was injured, and the animal left the scene. Quite often, animals run away in fright, and in this case, the driver has no choice but to simply continue driving.
And even if the car was damaged (a headlight was broken, dents appeared, etc.), then it is almost impossible to get any insurance compensation, repairs will have to be done at your own expense.
Unfortunately, this norm often pushes drivers to leave the scene of an accident with a fatal outcome, taking a warm carcass with them. This is already a crime since in this case two laws are violated – the culprit of the accident leaves the scene and in addition, becomes a poacher.
If an accident occurred with a wild animal that was seriously injured or died, then, in general, the procedure is as follows:
- Never leave the scene of an accident!
- Report an accident to the traffic police. Typically, traffic police call a huntsman or other representative of the economy in whose territory the collision occurred.
- If people are injured – report it when calling the traffic police or call an ambulance;
- If the animal died – leave it in place, but make sure that other road users do not run into it.
- If the animal is injured, it is small and non-aggressive – try to drag it to the side of the road so that it does not get under the wheels again.
- If the animal is large and aggressive, then for safety reasons it is better not to touch it.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- If an accident occurred with a pet or farm animal, then the procedure is the same, with the exception of calling the huntsman you must try to find the owner of the animal.
- In a situation, while to save animals you run to other vehicle r persons. Then you are fully to blame and have to compensate for the injuries to the victim. As the law stated that no lives of any humans should be endangered to save the life of an animal.
At the scene, the traffic police and the huntsman will draw up reports, and in the course of further proceedings, the responsibility of the driver will be determined.
Responsibility of the driver and other persons in an accident with a pet
In a collision with domestic and farm animals, the situation is somewhat different, the cost of compensation is calculated on the basis of documents for this animal or in court. There is no single register of compensations here, however, payments cannot be avoided anyway, you will have to pay for a downed expensive dog, an ordinary chicken or a cow.
However, it is not always the responsibility of the driver alone. For example, if a collision occurred with a farm animal in a herd left unattended. Animals must not be left unattended, herd driven on the road in the dark, and generally run animals on a hard-surface road in the presence of other ways.
If the accident occurred in one of the described situations, then the driver will not have to bear responsibility. The owner of the pet animal has the responsibility. The situation even differs when because of his pet, the accident happens more severely.
Such as in saving an animal, the car driver crashes into another vehicle or person. Here, both the driver and the owner of the pet held responsible for the accident. they have to share the expenses for the compensation of the victim.
What should you do if the car accident happens due to winter slippery road?
The maintenance of roads in the winter season is quite difficult to manage however there are companies to clear snow and treating with anti-icing products.
However, they do not always manage to remove the snow on time, and snow formed can provoke an accident. You can report about the poor cleaning of the roads. Very often the driver himself is to blame for the accident.
For example, he did not replace summer tires with winter tires, did not observe the distance, ignored various breakdowns, including the brake system. Or he did not replace the idle wipers, did not pour the non-freezing liquid into the windshield washer.
The speed with which the car moves plays a big role. The driver must correctly assess the weather conditions and the capabilities of his car and choose the safest mode. Sometimes it’s enough to stop or just slow down to avoid an accident. It is worth remembering that in severe frosts, winter tires get harder – traction with the road surface becomes worse, the car can easily be brought on slippery roads.
You need to be very careful on the descents and ascents, especially if ice has formed on them. On such a road, stopping the car immediately after depressing the brake pedal will fail, and the wheels may begin to slide or slip. You also need to be prepared for this.
So, in winter, the likelihood of accidents increases sharply due to many factors. And the responsible driver should always be careful while driving. It happens that the driver drove in compliance with traffic rules, but unexpectedly drove into a slippery section of the road and had an accident.
In such a situation, the company responsible for cleaning this site should seem to be guilty. However, in practice it is very difficult to prove this, almost unrealistic.
Not always road services have time (including for objective reasons) to process problem areas with a special chemical composition or sand-salt mixture, put a warning or speed-limiting signs.
Thus, drivers, in the absence of appropriate signs, are placed in conditions under which they must, at their own risk, choose a speed within the limits of the maximum speed limit for a given section.
Meanwhile, in reality, there is a presumption of guilt of the driver in the event of drift on a slippery road, resulting in an accident. At the same time, road services are aloof.
It is possible that if insurers or drivers themselves begin to file lawsuits against operating organizations on an ongoing basis, the situation will move forward.
But in addition to property liability, the driver, in the event of the presence of those killed or seriously injured as a result of an accident, can be prosecuted.
- First, call the traffic police. And independently record all the details of an accident in a photo or video. Pay particular attention to the road surface. Then, ask employees to enter this information into the accident report and that they indicate icing as the reason. Also with the help of inspectors, you can find witnesses.
- You need to look around on your own, look at video cameras, talk with people who could be eyewitnesses to this accident, who in the future can confirm that you have taken all actions to ensure that there is no accident.
- After this, it is necessary to calculate who owns this section of the road. It can refer not only to the city but also to federal lands or to a private owner. You can sue both.
What to do in case of a car accident due to a bad road?
Who is to blame if the car was damaged due to the poor road – the municipality, which must maintain the roadway in good condition? Or the driver, who should be careful and observe the speed limit? With whom to recover money for car repairs in this situation?
If the accident occurred due to a bad road, it is important to follow a series of actions that will allow you to further defend your position in court and obtain compensation from the road services. The driver is often accused of having to assess the situation on the road himself.
Therefore, it is especially important that the poor condition of the road be recorded in the traffic police protocol. To protect your rights and to be able to get compensation for the harm done, you need to know the sequence of your actions:
- Stop the car, turn on the emergency sign, then you need to report an accident to the traffic police. Eyewitness accounts will be very useful to you, try to find them before the arrival of traffic police, and write down their names and addresses.
- Photograph damage to the machine and the road surface itself, as well as the braking distance of the machine. Photos must be taken with reference to the terrain, i.e. against the background of any objects (houses, signs, etc.).
- After the arrival of the traffic police, take part in the preparation of the protocol.
- In the act of inspection of the scene of the accident, the traffic police must note the unsatisfactory road conditions that resulted in the accident (ice, pit, open hatch, etc.).
- It happens that the traffic police the decision that you, and not the road services, are to blame for the accident. In this case, the decision will need to be appealed to a higher organization. Here you will be helped by photographs taken at the scene of the accident, and possibly the testimony of witnesses.
- In order for the culprit, in this case, the responsible persons of the road services, to compensate the victim. It is necessary to prove the fact of the damage to the car or the health of the driver and passengers. This should be properly reflected in the protocol drawn up by the traffic police. The size and existence of damage may also be attested by an independent expert company.
- After the procedure for collecting the necessary documents, you can try to resolve the conflict with road officials peacefully. If the world failed to resolve the issue, then you can go to court with a lawsuit
What to do if a car accident happened due to a hole in the road?
Pits on the roads are insidious: because of them, tires and rims are damaged, suspension elements bend. The most unpleasant thing is that after a collision with such an obstacle, a car can dramatically and uncontrollably change its trajectory and fly into a tree, pole, another car.
At night, the danger of pits on the roadway increases, since at dusk and at night they are very difficult to notice. Such obstacles are especially unpleasant for owners of cars with a small clearance.
Unfortunately, even careful driving does not guarantee complete protection against treacherous pits on the roads. If you have overcome a pothole and realized that the car was damaged, you need to act as in a normal accident.
- Stop, turn off the engine, put the car on the parking brake, turn on the emergency light and put an emergency stop sign. Make sure that you and your passengers do not need medical attention.
- Next, you need to call the traffic police, saying that the accident occurs due to the poor condition of the road.
- If the car is standing on a narrow passage, interfering with other traffic participants, creating a traffic jam or emergency, then the road should be freed if the car is still on the move. However, before that, you need to photograph the scene of the accident, the general view of the car from different sides, as well as take some detailed photos of the damage.
- After that, you can drive the car away from the driveway and take a picture of the pit that caused the accident. Well, if you have a DVR that recorded the moment of travel through the pit, the recording will come in handy.
- To draw up documents about the accident, the driver needs witnesses – they can be both passengers and any people who saw the incident. If you were driving in a car alone, then before the traffic police arrive, ask pedestrians or drivers to help you. It won’t take much time.
- When a traffic police officer arrives and begins to draw up a protocol, he must make a detailed description of the pit that caused the accident – from the location to the appearance and size.
- A road officer must arrive at the scene. If he did not appear, this should also be recorded in the protocol.
- If you do not agree with what the traffic police officer wrote in the protocol, then draw up your own activities in which describes your point of view on what happened. The document must be signed by you and witnesses. Such an act can also be drawn up with an agreement with the protocol – then it will become additional material for applying to the insurance or court.
- The protocol drawn up by the traffic police officer and the documents accompanying him is your main weapon in all subsequent steps. It is recommended to remove several photocopies from them.
- If you have an insurance policy, then everything is quite simple – just call the insurance company or call its agent at the scene. Discuss further actions with specialists and evaluate the amount of insurance payment.
- Obviously, it is impossible to determine by eye exactly what amount will be needed to restore the car. Therefore, you will have to turn to independent appraisers or to a car service that provides similar services. The conclusion of the appraisers will come in handy in any case – you either decide to get by with the insurance payment. Thereby transferring litigation for damages to the lawyers of the insurance company, or go to court yourself.
- Road and municipal services are responsible for non-compliance with their duties, which, of course, include maintaining roads in good condition. Therefore, if an accident occurred due to the negligence of the road workers, the driver can expect to receive compensation.
- As practice shows, courts most often side with motorists. However, force majeure circumstances, natural disasters or warning road signs placed near the damaged place of the road. Such as Road Repair, Uneven Road or Other Dangers can play into the hands of road workers.
- Therefore, the presence or absence of these signs should also be recorded in the official traffic police protocol. So that the signs do not appear on the road suddenly, the morning after the accident.
- In all other cases, the courts do not refuse motorists’ compensation for the damage, and both the driver of the damaged car and the residents of the city benefit. Since after the court decision the road workers quickly fill up the treacherous pit.
No matter what the cause of the accident, it is wise to prevent the accident. If the accident happens without your fault, then you need not be afraid and panic. And take as and for your innocence and don’t plead guilty under any circumstances.